What We Do
Sustainable Energy Australia (SEA) is an independent consultancy company focussing on sustainable energy programmes and infrastructure projects, especially wind energy installations but also biomass, geothermal, solar and tidal/wave energy projects.
The aim of SEA is to facilitate the development of distributed energy generation resources in an environmentally and economically sustainable fashion.
SEA has a vision of the energy system of the future that includes;
- Distributed energy resources connected by a national grid network,
- Balanced private and public ownership of the energy resources,
- Renewable energy resources as a primary source of energy, and
- Appropriate use of local energy developments rather than importation of energy.
SEA was formed in 1998 in Portland, Victoria to develop a wind energy project (Codrington Wind Farm). Now based in Hamilton, the company has established a track record of successful assignments in all states and territories of Australia. We bring to all our work;
- A focus on client needs
- Independence and integrity
- A practical and commercially focused approach
- A "triple bottom line" approach with evaluation the three core outcomes, namely
- social, and
SEA is able to provide a total project solution for our clients. We seek to incorporate appropriate environmental and social outcomes whilst also improving the overall economic feasibility of our clients' projects. The extensive experience of dedicated staff is supplemented by a network of speicalist consultants and contractors, allowing SEA to provide the appropriate specialist services to our clients without incurring the overheads of larger organisations.